[OE-core] Why is "bitbake core-image-minimal" building gtk docs?

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Fri Aug 16 12:15:50 UTC 2013

On 16/08/13 12:40, Laszlo Papp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> alternatively: is there an option to turn gtk, especially the docs off?
>
> Cheers,
> Laszlo

I don't know how to properly stop it building, or turn it off but I can
tell you the cause.

Running bitbake -g core-image-minimal outputs the dependency graphs, and
by examining that it seems as though the following packages pull in
gtk-doc related packages.

"connman" -> "gtk-doc-stub-native"
"kmod-native" -> "gtk-doc-stub-native"
"kmod" -> "gtk-doc-stub-native"
"glib-2.0" -> "gtk-doc-stub-native"
"glib-2.0-native" -> "gtk-doc-stub-native"

Now, all these packages are gtk-doc-stub[-native], which is described as:

DESCRIPTION = "Stub implementation of gtk-doc, as we don't want to build
the API documentation"

So it sounds like gtk-docs aren't actually being built, but the stubs
provide enough to make the package think they're being built...

That's all I know, someone with more gtk knowledge than me can probably
fill in the reason for why it's required to build those packages.

  Jack Mitchell (jack at embed.me.uk)
  Embedded Systems Engineer
  Cambrideshire, UK
  http://www.embed.me.uk