[OE-core] Why is "bitbake core-image-minimal" building gtk docs?

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Aug 21 14:59:49 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-08-21 at 12:10 +0100, Laszlo Papp wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 12:04 PM, Martin Jansa
> <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
>         On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 11:31:53AM +0100, Laszlo Papp wrote:
>         > That does not mean bitbake cannot generate tarball out of
>         the git
>         > repository. In fact, it is relatively simple. ;-)
>
>         It does, all you need to do is enable
>         BB_GENERATE_MIRROR_TARBALLS
>
> I am not using mirrors. I am simply pushing the downloads folder, etc
> to the git repository "git add". It is as simply as that without an
> explicit mirror set up and its maintenance.

Regardless of whether you use mirrors or not, if you set
BB_GENERATE_MIRROR_TARBALLS it will create tarballs in DL_DIR of the git
repositories. You can then stop trying to check in the /git/  and /git2/
subdirectories of DL_DIR and some of your problems will likely go away.

The reason this is not enabled by default is for performance reasons.