[OE-core] qemu-native build regularly failing

Marko Lindqvist cazfi74 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 16:33:05 UTC 2013

On 21 August 2013 01:15, Marko Lindqvist <cazfi74 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21 August 2013 00:16, Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>> On Tuesday 20 August 2013 23:26:44 Marko Lindqvist wrote:

>>>  Yes, it seems to be difference between the tree where build fails and
>>> the one where build success that former has no libxext-native built.
>>> Further, I tested just building libxext-native before building
>>> qemu-native, and then the build succeded.
>>
>> The problem is we want qemu-native to be buildable both on systems without X11
>> and systems with X11, so the dependency has to be floating, and this is more or
>> less acceptable for a native recipe - there's only a problem when libxext-
>> native needs to be built. I can't see a lot of value in building libxext-
>> native in any case - what is causing it to be built on your system?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Paul
>

>  I'm still running more tests - this seems to be complicated matter.
> For one, I just got successful build from empty tree by building
> qemu-native directly. That was build targeted to arm, while failing
> builds have been for x86 (native is amd64). Also, I think (but cannot
> be 100% sure any more) build has succeeded on trees where nothing
> depends on libxext-native but still *something* was needed to be built
> before qemu-native.

 It seems libxext-native is not needed. Rather this seems like problem
with build parallelism.

 - Sometimes "bitbake qemu-native" to empty tree success at once
 - When it first fails (but other tasks get executed while it tries to
build), it then success by forcing configure rerun & building  (
"bitbake qemu-native -c configure -f && bitbake qemu-native" )

 I think next step is to get config.log of the succesful and failed
build to compare.

 - ML