[OE-core] [oe-core] QEMU with ARM Cortex A9 with hard float configuration - Kernel panic

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 18:02:56 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Aug 25, 2013, at 9:43 PM, rewitt at declaratino.com wrote:

>> Thanks! Any idea why the qemu with hard float configuration has a kernel panic with linux-yocto?
>
> init is going away so the kernel panics. Usually this means it couldn't
> run the init on the rootfilesystem. Try adding keep_bootcon to your
> kernel command line and see if that gives anymore debug.

I ran bitbake linux-yocto -c menuconfig

and noticed that the wrong ARM architecture was selected (it was using the same one set using tune-arm926ejs.inc)

The thing is I don't see a defconfig anywhere, and I was wondering how the linux-yocto kernel picks up the defconfig from the standard/base branch.

A TI OMAP 4430 Pandaboard or i.MX6 quad-core SABRE development kit platform would do, but not sure how the linux-yocto kernel works, in terms of pre-selecting the correct defconfig file.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson