[OE-core] Putting fltk into oe-core (recipes-graphics)

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Tue Aug 27 06:59:00 UTC 2013

Hi all,

was this thoroughly discussed before? I think the 'fltk' graphics library
is quite lightweight. We still use that instead of qt and gtk on limited
embedded platforms simply because it takes 1.2 MB or a bit more rather than
a full blown Qt with 10-12+ MB.

If I understand correctly there were discussions that gtk should not be
inside openembedded core which I agree about. However, I think it would be
useful to have some lightweight library like this in. Of course, this is
lacking some features that Qt has, but that is why it is lightweight after
all. :-)

It is currently in the openembedded layer. It has a couple of minor
dependencies which should probably be moved, but I do not see anything
major. I think it is a more "core" option for ui building than the
alternatives. This also supports opengl to a certain extent.

Cheers,
Laszlo