[OE-core] do_root_fs failing on flock command

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Tue Aug 27 12:16:01 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-08-27 at 13:07 +0100, Jack Mitchell wrote:
> Does anyone have any insight to why this may be failing. It mentions a
> bad file descriptor, so I assume it is related to building on an NFS mount.

There's no particular reason that flock() oughtn't to work on NFS.  If
you happened to be mounted with -o nolock then you wouldn't get the
correct semantics versus lockers on other hosts, but you shouldn't be
getting -EBADF under any circumstances that I can think of.

If you run flock by hand against a file on the same mount, does it work?
If it fails, what does the output from strace look like?

p.