[OE-core] appears to be inconsistency re: base-files between oe-core and meta-angstrom

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Aug 29 11:37:17 UTC 2013

On Thu, 29 Aug 2013, Martin Jansa wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 07:00:45AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> > > Expectations from base-files .bbappend and FILESYSTEM_PERMS_TABLES need
> > > to be consistent, is it possible that you're using .bbappend from
> > > angstrom and not FILESYSTEM_PERMS_TABLES set by angstrom config?
> > >
> > > conf/distro/include/angstrom-core-tweaks.inc:FILESYSTEM_PERMS_TABLES = "fs-perms-angstrom.txt"
> >
> >   ah, i suspect that's what's happening. so what's the correct way to
> > set up this OE build? i'm trying to build the angstrom
> > "hardware-bringup-image" using a current oe-core, and my bblayers.conf
> > file looks like:
> >
> > BBLAYERS ?= " \
> >   /home/rpjday/oe/dist/layers/oe-core/meta \
> >   /home/rpjday/oe/dist/layers/meta-openembedded/meta-oe \
> >   /home/rpjday/oe/dist/layers/meta-angstrom \
> >   /home/rpjday/oe/dist/layers/meta-ti \
> >   "
>
> What's your DISTRO value? distroless oe-core?

  distroless. i realize i *could* set a value for DISTRO, but it would
seem that i shouldn't have to in order to avoid a build error.

  in any event, you clearly see exactly what's causing the error --
that the base-files bbappend file from meta-angstrom is clashing with
the base-files recipe from oe-core. if you want me to try anything
different, i have lots of time today to test. if you want me to select
a DISTRO, i can certainly do that.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca