[OE-core] [oe-core] QEMU with ARM Cortex A9 with hard float configuration - Kernel panic

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 14:02:55 UTC 2013

Hi Bruce,

On Aug 29, 2013, at 4:35 PM, Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield at windriver.com> wrote:

> With that, it's always been a manual setup for me in the past. The typical
> workflow is to test them via the usermode NFS boot. Have you given
> that a go ?

Does yocto have some wrapper script/command to setup nfs boot automatically
without too much manual configuration? The runqemu and runqemu-internal
scripts seems to indicate that, but haven't tried this before.

Let me know if it exists! If not, if you could point me to a link that describes how
to set NFS boot, and use it to load a beagleboard image it would be great!

> Once I'm over the 3.10 introduction curve, I'm happy to dust off my
> old A9 support and get the right qemu support for a full system boot.

That sounds good. We should aim for adding support for both A8 and A9,
since that represent the current bulk of last-gen and current-gen platforms
out there.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson