[OE-core] [oe-core] QEMU with ARM Cortex A9 with hard float configuration - Kernel panic

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 19:25:36 UTC 2013

On Aug 29, 2013, at 11:16 PM, Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield at gmail.com> wrote:

> linux-yocto-3.10 is pretty much the standard kernel, unless you want to use
> the extra features I've merged, it is vanilla.
>
> You are going overboard with the definitions. What the build really needs, it'll
> generate on it's own. If you want to make an official/controlled BSP
> ... only then
> do you actually need .scc files, etc.
>
> If you add compatbility with the linux-yocto recipe, put a defconfig in the
> SRC_URI and you are done.

Just adding the defconfig in the SRC_URI is not enough. The qemuarm
launches with the versatilepb machine emulation, not vexpress.

For me to get vexpress support, I've had to create a local copy of the
linux-yocto repo, update the meta-branch and then do the adaptations.

So, it's not just a simple one line fix as simple as adding a defconfig
for linux-yocto. the runqemu scripts have to be modified, etc.

I've shared all that I've done, with you, but you've apparently done this
before, and I've just spend days to find out just that!!

Thanks for the run around!!

Elvis Dowson