[OE-core] [oe-core] QEMU with ARM Cortex A9 with hard float configuration - Kernel panic

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 19:40:36 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 3:32 PM,  <rewitt at declaratino.com> wrote:

> [...]

Aha. That's the part that has always caused me trouble. Booting directly from
the mmc means I don't have to try and get a platform with sata or other
support that isn't in the real hardware.

> tmp/deploy/images/zImage-vexpress-v2p-ca15_a7.dtb -sd
> tmp/deploy/images/core-image-minimal-qemuarmv7a.ext3 -net nic -net
> user,hostfwd=tcp::2400-:22 -nographic
>
> I also made my own machine configuration so of course the name of the
> rootfilesystem file will be different. As Bruce said, I'm sure this
> could be plumbed in to the yocto infrastructure so that runqemu and the
> various helpers could be used, but I was trying to get an sdk out to
> someone fairly quickly.

:) that sounds familiar, I'll poke around with this over the weekend and see
if it works for me too.

Cheers,

Bruce

>> > I'm doing this to get the process of using Yocto to build a representative
>> > QEMU emulator, and then using LaunchPad and Soyuz locally to
>> > build Ubuntu on a virtual machine, rather than just re-use the official
>> > Ubuntu binary packages. This way, I have more control over the
>> > toolchain, and options, rather than use the existing armel or armhf
>> > machine configurations supplied by Debian/Ubuntu.
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> >
>> > Elvis Dowson
>>

>> --
>> "Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await
>> thee at its end"

thee at its end"