[OE-core] Bug: 5089

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Fri Aug 30 11:45:44 UTC 2013

Hi,

there was this change which also goes undocumented. Unfortunately, this is
causing a lot of headache for me, but I expect that for others, too.

I would like to propose the default kernel and module name from:

uImage--3.2.1...

to:

uImage-3.2.1...

This would avoid a lot of work for people. I have been trying to fix issues
for one day due to this which is unfortunate.

Also, the double dash on its looks silly IMO. It should be either '-0-' or
'-'. I prefer the latter for compatibility reasons, although someone could
argue about that the former is more readable.

I heard Jama's opinion about it on IRC. I wonder what others think?

Cheers,
Laszlo

PS.: Note, this is a different proposal to the documentation update.