[OE-core] qt4-x11-free dependence on gtk+

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Aug 30 13:37:13 UTC 2013

Hi Peter,

On Tuesday 27 August 2013 13:59:24 Peter A. Bigot wrote:
> Since "bitbake qt4-x11-free" failed for me until I did "bitbake gtk+",
> qt4-x11-free needs some sort of dependency on gtk+ to avoid the failure
> below.  I'm guessing it's something like the following added to
> qt4-x11-free.inc:
>
> PACKAGECONFIG ??= "${@base_contains('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'x11', 'gtk', '',
> d)}"
> PACKAGECONFIG[gtk] = "-gtkstyle,-no-gtkstyle,gtk+"
>
> but since it takes about an hour to build qt4-x11-free on my system I'm
> hoping somebody can tell me whether that's the right approach.

This seems reasonable to me. I can't actually reproduce the failure, but I can
see how the dependency comes in and it does look to be on by default.

Looking at bitbake -g output (for master at least) it seems like gtk+3 will
always be built by default when building qt4-x11-free because pulseaudio
depends upon it, so that explains how this problem doesn't often come up. Of
course if gtk+3 is rebuilding when qt4-x11-free is in do_compile, or you've
disabled pulseaudio, then this issue will occur so we do need to do something
such as the above. I think the PACKAGECONFIG option for this should be called
"gtkstyle" rather than just "gtk" to give a better idea of what it's enabling
though. Would you please send an actual patch to add this?

Thanks,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton