[OE-core] Status for "Sponsored by" git tags

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 17:39:34 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Henning Heinold
<heinold at inf.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 03, 2013 at 12:21:10PM -0500, Bruce Ashfield wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Henning Heinold
>> Urk. Of the top of my head .. that just looks nasty. Signed-off-by:
>> already indicates
>> a company name, so going further than that is overkill IMHO.
>>
>> Bruce
>
> But what if it is contractor work, where the commiter has no company email.

Honestly, that's between the company and the contractor. But I'm only offering
one opinion. I'm not a fan of new tags, whether or not they are about credit.
Better commit messages, not tags, are what is typically required (i.e.
read about
the short lived "Impact:" tag in kernel commits).

Bruce

> Bye Henning

thee at its end"