[OE-core] BB_NO_NETWORK broken for git

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Dec 5 13:50:19 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-12-05 at 05:18 -0700, Gary Thomas wrote:
> I try to use a local source mirror, fully populated with packages, so I
> can deliver a complete (no network required) bundle to my customers.  This
> has recently been broken.
>
> I can no longer use BB_NO_NETWORK=1 for git recipes, since this revision:
> commit 2354250a95eab484459f41f8715ae112295c2174
> Author: Richard Purdie <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org>
> Date:   Mon Nov 18 17:17:16 2013 +0000

Its actually the metadata that has the issue. The commit specified is
not on the master branch, its on the cross_prelink branch so the fetcher
is justifiably getting upset.

When the network is present it does a complete reset to upstream and
then assumes the revision is present though which is something we might
want to fix too.

For now we can at least correct the metadata to point at the right
branch. I've sent out a patch accordingly.