[OE-core] BB_NO_NETWORK broken for git

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Dec 5 15:31:10 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-12-05 at 08:24 -0700, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On 2013-12-05 08:09, Richard Purdie wrote:

> >> Does this work for other git based repositories?  My example was for
> >> prelink, but it seems to fail for me for any SRC_URI that uses git.
> >> For example, matchbox-keyboard also fails under the same test scenario.
> >
> > Its the same problem. The commit referenced is not on master but on a
> > different branch. The URL needs fixing to point at the right branch.
>
> So I just [luckily] picked two recipes that have incorrect SRC_URI??
> How many others will there be?  I'd wager most all since very few of
> them actually mention a branch, just a revision.

Most git trees use the master branch which is the default so most urls
are fine.

I just added something to the fetcher to detect this (which I will
merge), then ran a world fetchall against OE-Core master.

We appear to have issues with lttng-{modules,ust,tools} and mx so its
far from "all" git recipes.