[OE-core] Can OE build it's own make?

Mats Kärrman Mats.Karrman at tritech.se
Tue Dec 10 16:36:38 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have run into problems with make.

Most things works fine with make v3.81 but when building a kernel recipe (meta-fsl-arm linux-imx-3.10.9)
I consistently get:

make: INTERNAL: Exiting with 5 jobserver tokens available; should be 4!

To solve this I "manually" upgraded make on my machine to v3.82 which soon brought new problems.
I then realized that OE-core got a recipe for make v3.82 with a number of patches. After rebuilding
make using those patches, everything now seems to work fine :-D.

It would be nice, however, if I didn't have to write detailed instructions for everyone on how to patch
their machines in order to get their builds to work. Is it possible that OE could build it's own make
to use the same way it compiles a new compiler using the existing one? (building make v3.82 using
make v3.81 works fine;)

BR // Mats