[OE-core] [RFC 1/2] os-release: add new operating system identification recipe

Chris Larson kergoth at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 15:12:51 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 8:08 AM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com>wrote:

> > +do_compile () {
> > +    for field in ${OS_RELEASE_FIELDS}; do
> > +        if eval "test -n \"\$$field\""; then
> > +            eval "printf \"%s=%s\n\" \"\$field\" \"\$$field\""
> > +        fi
> > +    done >os-release
> > +}
> > +do_compile[vardeps] += "${OS_RELEASE_FIELDS}"
>
> Isn't this dependency picked automatically?

No, this is expanded, so this adds the dependency on the variables whose
names are in the OS_RELEASE_FIELDS variable, not just on OS_RELEASE_FIELDS
itself. Due to the use of eval, bitbake doesn’t know we’re using the
iterated values as variable names.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com