[OE-core] What's up with "fontconfig"

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Fri Feb 1 17:22:59 UTC 2013

On 1 February 2013 15:21, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> We likely need to replace this with something sane. The question is
> whether we need it at all and if so, what problem dies it solve?

It looks a bit like an attempt to build native tools when compiling,
as FC_LANG and FC_GLYPHNAME are also overridden earlier in the file.
These variables don't appear to be used either.

For what it's worth, removing everything that looks dubious in
EXTRA_OECONF and that do_configure_append results in a zero-difference
buildhistory, so it at least compiles.  I'll kick off an image build
now and see if fonts still work.

Ross