[OE-core] OpenGL as a DISTRO_FEATURE

Ross Burton ross.burton at intel.com
Sun Feb 3 19:04:18 UTC 2013

On Sunday, 3 February 2013 at 17:15, Ian Geiser wrote:
> Greetings, I maintain 3 different platforms with varying degrees of GL support. Would it make more sense to migrate the "opengl" distro feature to MACHINE_FEATURES? This way we could compensate for the platforms that use Mesa and the ones that use their custom implementations? Thoughts?

Even if there were machine features, a distro feature is still something you'd want.

There's been the idea of having fine-grained machine features for the aspects of OpenGL that the hardware supports (gl, gles, egl, etc).  It's not as simple as it appears and causes a rather large number of packages to become machine-specific.

What would you use the machine features for?  Conditionally compiling support for a particular variant of GL into packages that cannot be detected at runtime, or something else?

Ross