[OE-core] any way to list *all* possible sources across the current layers?

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Feb 11 13:22:18 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-02-10 at 12:32 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>    hoping this question makes sense -- i use own-mirrors.bbclass to point
> at a sizable directory of tarballs (almost 12G worth) that i've been
> collecting over many months and, after every OE layer upgrade, whatever
> newer sources are pulled in, will generate the corresponding tarball and
> i'll copy that into my tarballs directory.
>
>    predictably, at this point, there's a *lot* of old, irrelevant cruft in
> that directory, but i know of no automated way to get rid of any of it.
> for instance, i currently have five versions of automake (1.11.2, 1.12.1,
> 1.12.3, 1.12.5 and 1.12.6) taking up space.  doesn't hurt, of course, but
> it would be handy to be able to generate a list of all possible,
> potentially necessary versions of a source -- that is, any version for
> which any recipe still lists it as PREFERRED_VERSION.
>
>    does that make sense?  obviously, that would have to be done in the
> context of a given set of layers and all the corresponding recipes in
> those layers.  is there a way to do that already?  if not, i'm sure i
> could whip up a simple script that would do the job.  thanks.

The original idea was that you could do a "bitbake world -c fetch" and
it would touch the .done stamps of anything it used in DL_DIR.

You could then age out entries in there based on the timestamp of
the .done files.

I appreciate there is an issue with some files not being pulled in by
do_fetchall at the moment. I have some ideas related to that which would
fix it but haven't written the code yet, hopefully will get there soon.