[OE-core] heads up, pseudo-1.4.3 has one buggy use case...

Peter Seebach peter.seebach at windriver.com
Tue Feb 12 21:53:01 UTC 2013

link() calls inside a chroot tend to fail. Conveniently, nearly
everyone uses linkat() so this doesn't affect most builds, but we found
a test case where it was really easy to trigger.

Symptom: RPM installs saying somehing like:

pseudo: Fatal: Tried to stat
'/home/seebs/pseudo/r/home/seebs/pseudo/r/usr/share/terminfo/a/adm1178;511ab539'
after linking it, but failed: No such file or directory.

Note the double presence of the chroot path. Patch is done in the
pseudo tree, I'll try to get a 1.4.4 out today. Sorry for any
inconvenience!

-s
--
Listen, get this.  Nobody with a good compiler needs to be justified.