[OE-core] How to "implement" systemd

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Thu Feb 14 12:57:01 UTC 2013

On 02/14/2013 01:42 PM, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> W dniu 14.02.2013 13:35, Mike Looijmans pisze:
>> So far i've been using good old initscripts for my systems. I want to
>> try out systemd. Having zero experience with that, I just added
>> "systemd" to the DISTRO_FEATURES and started a fresh  build. The build
>> ran fine, but it produced something that still seems to be using
>> initscripts, albeit that a few things stopped working (the network did
>> not start, for example).
>
> DISTRO_FEATURES_INITMAN = "systemd" is what you want.

Sorry, I have to amend my original post.

DISTRO_FEATURES_INITMAN = "systemd"

is just what I did (added it to my distro .conf file), because from the
source I gathered that that was the way to get it into DISTRO_FEATURES.

How can I check whether it's using systemd? I don't see any obvious
difference in the rootfs, and I never saw any systemd package being
built either.

Mike.