[OE-core] systemd: /run directory not created

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Thu Feb 14 20:23:19 UTC 2013

On 02/14/13 15:57, Jack Mitchell wrote:
> On 14/02/13 15:44, Jack Mitchell wrote:
>> On 14/02/13 15:31, Burton, Ross wrote:
>>> Odd, as I just built and booted a systemd image (core-image-sato, in
>>> poky master), and it worked fine.
>>>
>>> Ross
>>
>> I have a custom distro definition that cuts a lot of features out.
>> Can you find out which package is supposed to create run and I can
>> check if it is pulled in properly on my setup?
>>
>> I think something must be assumed somewhere and I don't have the
>> features enabled to trigger it.
>>

> From a quick look it seems as though volatiles in initscripts-1.0
> should create the run directory if it's not found. However the
> initscripts package doesn't get pulled in on my image at all, and I
> can't see an equivalent in the systemd package

Doing a manual ln -s var/run run on my mounted SD card gets systemd to
the first [OK] part but then the board dies on me, it's a usb ftdi
serial and even that connection gets wiped. I think there is something
fundamentally wrong somewhere, which is causing the systemd setup to not
execute properly, or the fact that there are minimal packages and
minimal features in my distro image is causing the problem.

What I will maybe try to do tomorrow is build a stock core-image-minimal
with systemd, then remove distro features one by one and see if it breaks.