[OE-core] OE-core] How do I find out why are packages being rebuilt?

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Mon Feb 18 11:04:12 UTC 2013

I'm still having trouble with packages being needlessly rebuilt over and
over. The worst of all it qt4-embedded, it takes about an hour to build.
This is wasting a LOT of time.

The classic OE never rebuilt a package until its version changed.

How and why the current oe-core decides to rebuild package is a complete
mystery to me, and the outdated documentation on the oe wiki isn't any
help in that respect either.

Can anyone explain how I can gain some insight into the "trigger" that
causes a certain package to be rebuilt?