[OE-core] systemd: /run directory not created

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Fri Feb 22 09:22:07 UTC 2013

On 21/02/13 22:27, Khem Raj wrote:
> On (14/02/13 15:44), Jack Mitchell wrote:
>>> Odd, as I just built and booted a systemd image (core-image-sato, in
>>> poky master), and it worked fine.
>>>
>>> Ross
>> I have a custom distro definition that cuts a lot of features out.
>> Can you find out which package is supposed to create run and I can
>> check if it is pulled in properly on my setup?
>>
>> I think something must be assumed somewhere and I don't have the
>> features enabled to trigger it.
> its created by base-files package. If you need hint how it works
> with systemd take a look at bbappend that angstrom has for base-files
> in meta-angstrom
Ah, I see. Thanks Khem.

So, the next question is; how come Angstrom requires these files to be
appended to base-files in order to get systemd going, when oe-core doesn't?

I notice there is:

${localstatedir}/volatile/run \

In the base-files oe-core package, while in Angstrom we have:

${localstatedir}/run \
/run \

I understand oe-core having it as a volatile; but I don't understand why it doesn't create the /run directory. I see some kind of logic regarding it here:

volatiles = "run log lock tmp"

for d in ${volatiles}; do
ln -sf volatile/$d ${D}${localstatedir}/$d
done

However, if it doesn't create the directory on my target filesystem then
something must be wrong...

--

   Jack Mitchell (jack at embed.me.uk)
   Embedded Systems Engineer