[OE-core] [CONSOLIDATED PULL 00/40] Post-ELC Patches and Updates

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Feb 28 23:15:08 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-02-27 at 14:17 -0800, Saul Wold wrote:
> Andrei Dinu (3):
>   e2fsprogs : upgrade to 1.42.7
>   dbus-glib : upgrade to 1.100.2
>   sudo : upgrade to 1.8.6p6
>
> Constantin Musca (1):
>   libassuan: upgrade to 2.1.0
>
> Cristian Iorga (4):
>   iproute2: upgraded to 3.8.0
>   connman: enable connman client
>   packagegroup-core-tools-testapps: connman-client added
>   minicom: upgrade to 2.6.2
>
> Emilia Ciobanu (1):
>   distrodata: added some corner cases for svn and git repos
>
> Hongxu Jia (5):
>   glib-2.0-native:fix do_configure failed with gcc 4.3.4 on x86 host
>   qemu-native:fix do_compile failed with gcc 4.3.4 on x86 host
>   sstate-cache-management.sh: fix remove duplicate failed when multiple
>     archs
>   sstate-cache-management.sh:fix the incorrect usage of option `-d'
>   sstate-cache-management.sh: don't hardcode available sstate_suffixes
>
> Jessica Zhang (1):
>   Add kernel arch variable in SDK environment variable list for
>     supporting build external kernel module using SDK
>
> Joe Slater (1):
>   pull ldlinux.sys and isolinux.bin from correct places

I can understand why this is proving to be an issue however I don't like
expanding paths like this at all. Might be better to add MLPREFIX to the
right dependencies and have the syslinux bits end up in the multilib
sysroot too.

> Kang Kai (1):
>   lsbtest: sync test suite packages version
>
> Khem Raj (2):
>   binutils: Fix build with newer texinfo 5.0+
>   binutils: Delete recipes for 2.22
>
> Laurentiu Palcu (1):
>   gconf.bbclass: make postinstall fail silently when running offline

Already fixed differently, please drop.

> Martin Jansa (1):
>   sanity: use lsb distro_identifier

Where are the updates this would need associated with it?

> MiLo (1):
>   util-linux: Add package for libmount
>
> Ming Liu (1):
>   parted: fix several integer overflows
>
> Muhammad Shakeel (2):
>   archiver class: Use tasks with sstate instead of pre/post funcs
>   archive-*-source.bbclass: Handle all package classes
>
> Otavio Salvador (2):
>   qt4-tools: Drop libx11 dependency when building without 'x11' distro
>     feature

This had comments and is rejected as the option needs to explicitly
disable x11, not float.

>   qt4-embedded: Enable Linux Input support
>
> Ross Burton (1):
>   dbus: set correct address when using --address=systemd:
>
> Saul Wold (11):
>   sqlite: rename version to match upstream versioning change
>   mini-x-session: Fix starting of x-session
>   nspr: Update to 4.9.5
>   socat: Update to 1.7.2.1
>   boost: Update to 1.53.0
>   man-pages: Update to 3.47
>   lsbinitscripts: Update to 9.44
>   file: Update to 5.13
>   resolvconf: Update to 1.70
>   kconfig-frontends: Update to 3.8
>   gconf: update to 3.2.6
>
> rongqing.li at windriver.com (1):
>   gcc: make compiler to search build directory before standard system
>     include directories

This looks positively dangerous to me. Needs to get fixed properly and
less invasively or at least get an ack from Khem.