[OE-core] sstate, cache or licence issue?

Matthieu CRAPET Matthieu.CRAPET at ingenico.com
Wed Jan 9 17:40:56 UTC 2013

Dear all,

I've got some trouble with my today's update to oe-core.

I created a basic (image) recipe:

---

DESCRIPTION = "A console-only production image with headers."

PR = "r0"

LICENSE = "MIT"

IMAGE_FEATURES += "dev-pkgs debug-tweaks package-management
ssh-server-openssh"

inherit core-image

IMAGE_INSTALL += "openssh openssl directfb directfb-examples"

---

I've got a do_populate_lic failure but image is generated correctly
(do_rootfs is ok). It fails in sstate_create_package

| DEBUG: Executing shell function sstate_create_package

| shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access
parent directories: No such file or directory

| chdir: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access
parent directories: No such file or directory

run.sstate_create_package.$PID

sstate_create_package() {

        cd
/lingot/build/tmp-eglibc/work/rp02-ing-linux-gnueabi/test-image/1.0-r0/s
state-build-populate-lic/

        TFILE=`mktemp ...

The problem is that the directory exists (containing
license-destdir/test-image/{COPYING.MIT,LICENSE,generic_MIT})

If re-bitbake recipe, works fine.

If I "bitbake -c cleanall" first + manually delete recipe directory
(/lingot/build/tmp-eglibc/work/rp02-ing-linux-gnueabi/test-image) then,
re-bitbake recipe: the do_populate_lic fails again.

More surprising: if I wait some times (few minutes). I re-get the error
but with the extra lines:

| DEBUG: Removing manifest:
/lingot/build/tmp-eglibc/deploy/licenses/test-image/LICENSE

| DEBUG: Removing manifest:
/lingot/build/tmp-eglibc/deploy/licenses/test-image/COPYING.MIT

| DEBUG: Removing manifest:
/lingot/build/tmp-eglibc/deploy/licenses/test-image/generic_MIT

| DEBUG: Removing manifest:
/lingot/build/tmp-eglibc/deploy/licenses/test-image/

I added and removed package in IMAGE_INSTALL, sometimes it passes,
sometimes not, maybe there is a concurrent access somewhere?

The two logs are available here:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=CVczF2vB

Notice that I'm using my own external toolchain but I don't know that It
is relevant.

Any hint appreciated here!

Regards,

Matthieu Crapet

About Ingenico (Euronext: FR0000125346 - ING)
Ingenico is a leading provider of payment solutions, with over 17 million terminals deployed in more than 125 countries. Its 3,600 employees worldwide support retailers, banks and service providers to optimize and secure their electronic payments solutions, develop their offer of services and increase their point of sales revenue.
More information on http://www.ingenico.com/.
This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.