[OE-core] [oe-commits] Tom Zanussi : lttng2-ust: rename to lttng-ust

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Wed Jan 16 15:46:49 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 8:38 AM, Tom Zanussi <tom.zanussi at intel.com> wrote:

> > lttng-ust had PE="1", bump PE to fix upgrade path:

Technically, that isn't going to "fix" the upgrade path. lttng 1.x requires
kernel patches and isn't compatible with lttng 2.x, as far as I'm aware. So
any machine with lttng 1.x that upgrades to this wouldn't be a real
'upgrade', it would switch interfaces, and potentially break compatibility
with the kernel running on that device. At mentor we have bsp layers for
1.x and for 2.x, and both work. I'm glad we aren't binary package feed
based, or we'd be in serious trouble with this.
--
Christopher Larson