[OE-core] Stand for FOSDEM

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Jan 16 16:38:49 UTC 2013

On Sunday 13 January 2013 23:44:53 Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> Plan to be there.
> Hopefully I should be able to arrange another Atmel raffle,
> to draw people to the stand.

That would be awesome!

> Do we have any plans for demo's?

Nothing solid yet, but thinking about it I'd like to have something around 5
devices on show, preferably showing the range of different targets we support,
and ideally the each of them should be doing something interesting. I'm going
to try and bring along an x86-powered device, and have access to various other
devices although I'm not sure I can come up with demos to run on each so
suggestions/help would be welcome.

For the last FOSDEM, Alex Lennon was kind enough to bring along his radar
detector that was powered by OE, and I think that worked quite well as a demo.
If at all possible it would be great if we could not just have dev boards but
some actual products powered by OE on the stand. Can anyone help with that?

We probably also want to be prepared to do demos of configuring / running a
build, with the usual assumption that we might not have a reliable internet
connection. I think I can take care of setting this up.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton