[OE-core] [oe-commits] Tom Zanussi : lttng2-ust: rename to lttng-ust

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Wed Jan 16 18:02:41 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 9:40 AM, Tom Zanussi <tom.zanussi at intel.com> wrote:

> This is for the userspace tracing part, lttng-ust, which AFAIK doesn't
> require any kernel patches.

Yes, but the point was, as far as I know, the newer ust requires the newer
kernel components, and the older requires the older kernel components, so
technically the package upgrade on a device is likely to change the
behavior.

I didn't say the current version required patches, the point was about the
upgrade path for this recipe. I suspect we're one of the only companies
that was actually using the old recipes, and we don't particularly care
about the binary package upgrade paths at this time, but again, this is
*not* a particularly smooth binary package upgrade path. I expect we're
fine with that, but I wanted make sure it was an explicit conscious choice
of behavior, not something unexpected.
--
Christopher Larson