[OE-core] SSH Login Delay

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Mon Jan 21 15:21:00 UTC 2013

I have recently noticed that when SSH'ing to my BeagleBone it has a 3-5
second delay before the bash prompt shows. I have looked in
/var/log/messages and noticed:

Jan 18 15:47:12 beaglebone auth.info sshd[12389]: Accepted none for root
from 192.168.0.51 port 37905 ssh2
Jan 18 15:47:12 beaglebone auth.info sshd[12399]: lastlog_openseek:
Couldn't stat /var/log/lastlog: No such file or directory
Jan 18 15:47:12 beaglebone auth.info sshd[12399]: lastlog_openseek:
Couldn't stat /var/log/lastlog: No such file or directory

I was wondering if these stat commands had a timeout on them and
therefore causing the delay. If so, why do these logs not exist?

I have also noticed that avahi has crept into my image recently and if
it was possibly something to do with dns resolution or similar?

Has anyone else noticed issues or is a problem with my specific build?

I am running near HEAD oe-core master with a custom distro based on Poky.

Regards,
Jack.

--

   Jack Mitchell (jack at embed.me.uk)