[OE-core] any further developments on that git "index pack failed" issue?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Jan 22 12:03:22 UTC 2013

  recently, there were a few git repos what were uncloneable with the
error "early EOF, index-pack failed" error that's nicely described
here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1943914/git-clone-fails-with-index-pack-failed

at first, it seemed to be purely associated with github, but i could
swear i had it happen to me with a different URL (can't remember which
one, dang).

  someone suggested it had something to do with compression and it was
something github needed to resolve.  my solution was to just do a
manual "git clone" of the affected repo, then adjust my recipe(s) to
point to my local clone.

  any further developments on this?  is there a known
error/workaround?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca