[OE-core] File conflicts between PN-doc packages

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 14:23:22 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 12:41:19AM +0000, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-01-23 at 18:33 -0600, Mark Hatle wrote:
> > On 1/23/13 6:13 PM, Chris Larson wrote:
> > >
> > > On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com
> > > <mailto:martin.jansa at gmail.com>> wrote:
> > >
> > >     |  * check_data_file_clashes: Package gcc-doc wants to install file
> > >     rootfs/usr/share/info/dir
> >
> > I missed this earlier.  Yes, the 'dir' file in an info (-doc) package should not
> > be included.  It's existence is an error.  This might be a sanity check we
> > should be adding.

Good to see that world-image is useful to detect other kinds of issues
then I originally expected :).

> autotools_do_install() in autotools.bbclass actually purges those.
> Whether it should be autotools or the base class I'm not so sure but it
> was a common problem for autotools recipes...

It's removed in gcc-configure-runtime.inc but only for libgomp
RUNTIMETARGET, does someone remember why? Adding Matthew, because that
removal was added in:

commit b76a7bc8dcb7aed7d6f026e77a226837004c50af