[OE-core] [CONSOLIDATED PULL 00/18] Final Review Pending

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Jul 15 09:24:58 UTC 2013

On Monday 15 July 2013 00:23:38 Saul Wold wrote:
> Ross, Paul:
>
> Please do a review of this set from over the weekend.
>
> Hongxu's patch set includes an atom-pc patch that should have
> been on poky, I removed it from here.
>
> I have reviewed the 2 package from the Auto Package Update (my
> recipes) and they are correct.
>
> Thanks
> 	Sau!
>

> The following changes since commit 43c28375f97161e618fa54349c65be2058c33c53:
>
>   distrodata.bbaclass: change in git and svn package reporting (2013-07-12
> 10:12:13 -0700)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>   git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib sgw/stage
>
> http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=sgw/
> stage
>
> Alexandru Palalau (1):
>   lib/oeqa/runtime: add tests for syslog and df
>
> Auto Package Upgrade (2):
>   libidn: upgrade to 1.28
>   mc: upgrade to 4.8.9

The author field for these isn't set correctly.

> Chen Qi (1):
>   core-image-lsb.bb: add 'package-management' to IMAGE_FEATURES
>
> Hongxu Jia (5):
>   pmount: add version 0.9.23
>   udev-extraconf:fix xuser write to usb storage failed
>   udev: fix invoking pmount failed based on sysvinit
>   pmount: allow users in disk group to perform pmount/pumount
>   xuser-account: add xuser to disk group

I have some reservations about these changes. pmount is obsolete
according to its author:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-discuss/2011-February/012421.html

I appreciate it may solve the problem we're trying to solve but we need
to be pretty confident about pulling this in before we do so since we'll
likely be supporting it ourselves.

> Laurentiu Palcu (1):
>   xinput-calibrator: move it from meta-oe to oe-core

I've just noticed this drops PR (previous value was "r6"). I know it seems
trivial but we're not increasing PV so if we hope to supersede the recipe
from meta-oe, this will have to be preserved. Same goes for
pointercal-xinput which had a PR value of "r4".

> Saul Wold (1):
>   initscripts: Update to 9.48
>
> Stefan Stanacar (7):
>   lib/oeqa/runtime/dmesg.py: whitelist dmesg message for systemd net
>     interface name
>   lib/oeqa/utils/sshcontrol.py: fix passing command to subprocess
>   testimage.bbclass, lib/oeqa/utils/qemurunner.py: make boot timeout
>     configurable and increase it
>   lib/oeqa/runtime/multilib.py: use readelf instead of file
>   lib/oeqa/oetest.py: provide a ps command for all tests
>   classes/testimage.bbclass: use a copy of rootfs for tests
>   testimage.bbclass, lib/oeqa: add headers and comments

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton