[OE-core] [CONSOLIDATED PULL 00/18] Final Review Pending

Hongxu Jia hongxu.jia at windriver.com
Mon Jul 15 11:42:59 UTC 2013

On 07/15/2013 05:24 PM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> I have some reservations about these changes. pmount is obsolete
> according to its author:
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-discuss/2011-February/012421.html
>
> I appreciate it may solve the problem we're trying to solve but we need
> to be pretty confident about pulling this in before we do so since we'll
> likely be supporting it ourselves.
Agree, if we choose pmount, we will maintain it ourselves.

But if not use this, we have to investigate the udev rules to finish the
similar job, it's filesystem type dependency, and this makes the udev
script more complicated and frequently modified with more and more
filesystems supported.

The pmount is an easy way to handle this, and it has supported to
process udf, iso9660, vfat, ntfs, hfsplus, hfs, ext3, ext2, ext4, reiserfs,
reiser4, xfs, jfs, omfs, ntfs-fuse, ntfs-3g; and it also easy to maintain
for us to support other filesystem in future (such as exfat).

//Hongxu