[OE-core] gdk-pixbuff-xlib missing

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Mon Jul 15 21:30:59 UTC 2013

On 07/15/2013 02:10 PM, Andreas Müller wrote:
> Hi
>
> while playing around with libreoffice, configure complains for missing
> gdk-pixbuff-xlib.
>
> I checked: although I have 'x11' in 'DISTRO_FEATURE', gdk-pixbuff-xlib
> is an empty package.
>
> The responsible lines in gdk-pixbuf_xx.bb are:
>
> X11DEPENDS = "--without-x11"
> X11DEPENDS_linuxstdbase = "${@base_contains('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'x11',
> '--with-x11', '--without-x11', d)}"
> X11DEPENDS_class-native = "--without-x11"
>
> I got two questions:
>
> 1. why not
> X11DEPENDS = "${@base_contains('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'x11', '--with-x11',
> '--without-x11', d)}"
> X11DEPENDS_class-native = "--without-x11"

I believe that this is because the original recipe was defaulted to
--without-x11 and the person adding the linuxstdbase code just preserved
the behavior

It seems we should really make this a PACKAGECONFIG with the
PACKAGECONFIG using the linuxstdbase override as default.

Patches welcome!

> 2. (maybe this answers also 1. - but I would like to understand): what
> is linuxstdbase (image) about

This one I can answer better the linuxstdbase is a Distro level override
enabled when building an LSB based image, it's set in poky-lsb.conf.

It enables building certain packages with flags or settings that will
pass the LSB compliance tests.

> enlightenment appreciated

Hope that helped