[OE-core] [CONSOLIDATED PULL 00/40] Review and ACK

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Jul 18 09:43:18 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 17 July 2013 23:34:31 Saul Wold wrote:
> Ross, Paul:
>
> Please review this set and ACK as appropriate, I will rebase based
> on your input.  This this is on the AB down, we have known issues with
> systemd. This addresses many of the M2 related issues and fixes the
> testimage infrasturcture on teh AutoBuilder
>
> Please look at Qi's "EXTRA_USER" changes
>
> There are a couple of patches that are on Poky, that need to be merged
> one is to tiny and the other is to include the securiy flags for the LSB
> images. That way they get tested with 1/2 the images built
>
> Sau!
>
> The following changes since commit cf1790d992f067be8d5f9894458f55f6f1bdc61f:
>
>   lib/oeqa: fix dependecy check (2013-07-15 10:29:27 -0700)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>   git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib sgw/stage
>
> http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=sgw/
> stage
>
> Bruce Ashfield (3):
>   linux-yocto/3.8: update META srcrev
>   linux-yocto/3.4: mips: fix gcc 4.8 compilation
>   linux-yocto/3.8: restore qemumips64 SRCREV
>
> Chen Qi (5):
>   tar: remove an erroneous patch
>   useradd_base.bbclass: add a new bbclass
>   useradd.bbclass: code refactor
>   extrausers.bbclass: add a new bbclass

I agree with Otavio, the first two patches should be squashed together.
Otherwise the changes look OK.

>   local.conf.sample.extended: add example for EXTRA_USERS_PARAMS
>
> Cristian Iorga (2):
>   bluez4: conflicts with bluez5
>   bluez5: new package for v5.7

Didn't you find these caused world build failures?

> Felipe F. Tonello (3):
>   pulseaudio: Added cli-protocol-unix to pulseaudio-misc
>   valgrind: added perl dependency
>   pulseaudio: Removed avahi forced dependency
>
> Hongxu Jia (2):
>   udev-extraconf: allow users in disk group to write vfat filesystem
>   xuser-account: add xuser to disk group
>
> Joe Slater (1):
>   curl: add upstream status to patch
>
> Jonathan Liu (1):
>   gdb: add PACKAGECONFIG for Python support
>
> Kai Kang (1):
>   tcl: fix typo of upstream status in patch file
>
> Khem Raj (4):
>   gcc-4.8: Fix on-device SDK C++ runtime issue
>   uclibc: Build ldd/ldcondif/iconv for main uclibc recipe
>   eglibc-2.18: Remove unused patches
>   eglibc-2.18: Update to latest snapshot
>
> Mark Hatle (4):
>   sanity.bbclass: Update gcc sanity check
>   terminal.bbclass: Fix BB_RUNFMT processing
>   busybox: fix ip reference in simple.script
>   dbus-ptest: Disable python module check
>
> Paul Eggleton (4):
>   qt-mobility: tighten up config generation and use PACKAGECONFIG
>   classes/insane: fix regression in libdir QA regex
>   classes/insane: allow libdir QA check to be skipped using INSANE_SKIP
>   scripts/contrib/*: fix arithmetic bashism
>
> Roy.Li (1):
>   dpkg: backport a patch to support mipsn32el and mips64el

Not sure if case is a big issue for Upstream-Status values but this one has
"Upstream-Status: BackPort".

> Saul Wold (2):
>   Upstream-Status: Correct capitalization
>   buildtools: testimage needs the mmap python

If we're changing other things I'd like to see the commit message corrected
for the above (buildtools -> buildtools-tarball and python -> python module;
also the commit message should go into a little bit more detail e.g. "Add
python-mmap which is needed by the new testimage class on machines that need
buildtools-tarball installed".

> Simon Busch (1):
>   wpa-supplicant: backport patch to fix dbus interface for autoscan
>     functionality
>
> Stefan Stanacar (1):
>   populate_sdk_base.bbclass: use new perm option for find
>
> Tudor Florea (1):
>   python: Install Python test suite and run it as ptest.

The run-ptest script here has hardcoded /usr/lib/ for ${libdir}, we should
ideally avoid this (e.g. through use of sed at do_install). Also I'd like to
know if the ptest package could simply depend on ${PN}-modules rather than
having a hardcoded list. I'll follow up with the submitter.

> Yi Zhao (3):
>   iproute2: Fix alternative link for ip command
>   run-postinsts: Fix typo
>   rpm-postinsts.bb: Fix typo
>
> Zhenhua Luo (1):
>   oprofile: add Upstream-Status for several patches

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton