[OE-core] No package 'cairo' found for GTK+

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 14:12:33 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:
> On 18 July 2013 14:25, Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:

>>> cairo is a build dependency on GTK+, so I'd recommend having a look at
>>> the config.log file it generated and see if that has any hints.
>>
>> Well, the error seems very clear. cairo pkgconfig is not found.
>
> Yes.  And as I said, cairo is a build dependency of GTK+:
>
> DEPENDS = "glib-2.0 pango atk jpeg libpng gdk-pixbuf-native
> docbook-utils-native \
>  cairo gdk-pixbuf

Thanks for your feedback, Ross.

Even if I run bitbake cairo just before I bitbake my image I get this error.

I do have cairo:
bitbake --show-versions | grep cairo
cairo                                             :1.12.14-r0
cairo-native                                      :1.12.14-r0
cairomm                                            :1.10.0-r1
cairomm-native                                     :1.10.0-r1
python-pycairo                                     :1.10.0-r2

What I don't understand, is how bitbake seems to avoid it

> We need to see the detailed config.log to see *why* it can't find it.
> Maybe there's a dependency in cairo.pc that the recipes don't know
> about.

How should I send it? Could I attach the log.do_configure to maillist?

>> Did you build GTK lately Ross?
>
> Daily, and just to be sure, about 20 seconds ago.
>
> Ross

Daiane