[OE-core] SRC_URI and latest HEAD revision with git

Steffen Sledz sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Mon Jul 22 09:46:23 UTC 2013

On 22.07.2013 11:01, Nicolas Dechesne wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 8:21 AM, Steffen Sledz <sledz at dresearch-fe.de <mailto:sledz at dresearch-fe.de>> wrote:
>> After being OE abstinent for some months i'd like to ask what is the current suggested method for recipes building from the HEAD revision of a git repository (we need this for continuous integration).
>>
>> I read some RFC's in the ml about PKGV/PKGR stuff, but i miss a final decision, documentation and a good example.
>
> you can use ${AUTOREV} for this purpose. You can look at poky-bleeding distro config for such an example.
>
> e.g. http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta-yocto/conf/distro/include/poky-floating-revisions.inc

Hmmmm? This doesn't seem the work.

Here's what i tried in my recipe:

------------> snip <------------
PR = "r3"

SRCREV="${AUTOREV}"
PV = "gitr${SRCPV}"
------------> snip <------------

But i get package versions like

  gitr0+53b64e717404d282d0c58b7fa4a4e74ab2ca81ba-r3

where SRCPB is always 0. :(

A bit more description and/or a complete example would be very helpful.

Regards,
Steffen

--
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Otto-Schmirgal-Str. 3, 10319 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 30 515932-237 mailto:sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 30 515932-299
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Weber, Werner Mögle;
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg; HRB 130120 B;
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058