[OE-core] SRC_URI and latest HEAD revision with git

Steffen Sledz sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Tue Jul 23 06:23:54 UTC 2013

On 22.07.2013 13:08, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> On Monday 22 July 2013 12:30:53 Steffen Sledz wrote:

>>> If you want these to increment now AIUI you need to be using the PR
>>> server:
>>>
>>> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/PR_Service
>>
>> This seems to be the thing we need.
>>
>> But the description is not very helpful from the view of a recipe
>> maintainer. It describes mostly the server part.
>>
>> * What do i have to write in my recipe?
>
> Nothing special. If you used SRCPV in PV where you are using an SCM in
> SRC_URI, that should be enough. The integer at the start of SRCREV will be
> incremented automatically if the revision changes, and if it doesn't but other
> values within the recipe change then PR will automatically be incremented
> above the initial value set in the recipe.
>
>> * What modifications in bitbake.conf, local.conf, ... are necessary?
>
> I believe as described in the page I linked above you should only need to set
> PRSERV_HOST.

You're right. This works. ;-)

I've two points more:
* The Wiki-Page mentions the bitbake-prserv-tool. Where can this be found? It does not seem to be part of the bitbake repo.
* Does anyone have systemd configs or sysvinit scripts for handling the bitbake-prserv?

Cheers,
Steffen

--
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Otto-Schmirgal-Str. 3, 10319 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 30 515932-237 mailto:sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 30 515932-299
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Weber, Werner Mögle;
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg; HRB 130120 B;
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058