[OE-core] qt4-embedded - image size

John Stirling ap.john.stirling at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 13:46:57 UTC 2013

Looking fairly promising so far. Image size down from 280Mb to 90Mb and
only Qt related stuff now seems to be in /usr/lib/

The font's seem to be missing though -
QFontDatabase: Cannot find font directory /usr/lib/fonts - is Qt installed
correctly?

We won't need all the fonts in any case but would you expect them to have
been pulled in automatically ?

Here's what I now have in /usr/lib/libQt*

-rwxr-xr-x root       root          3157228 ./usr/lib/libQtCoreE.so.4.8.0
-rwxr-xr-x root       root           481476 ./usr/lib/libQtDBusE.so.4.8.0
-rwxr-xr-x root       root          3571644
./usr/lib/libQtDeclarativeE.so.4.8.0
-rwxr-xr-x root       root          9643544 ./usr/lib/libQtGuiE.so.4.8.0
-rwxr-xr-x root       root          1231712
./usr/lib/libQtNetworkE.so.4.8.0
-rwxr-xr-x root       root          2507000 ./usr/lib/libQtScriptE.so.4.8.0

-rwxr-xr-x root       root           217564 ./usr/lib/libQtSqlE.so.4.8.0
-rwxr-xr-x root       root           247056 ./usr/lib/libQtXmlE.so.4.8.0
-rwxr-xr-x root       root          4412572
./usr/lib/libQtXmlPatternsE.so.4.8.0

Total approx 25Mb there.

Pretty sure I need the first 3, but not sure about the rest. Does that look
about right to you size wise ? We're just trying to tie down flash sizes at
the moment and want to get a fairly accurate estimate for Qt.

I guess also at some point we might want to switch to Qt5. Is that
comparable in size ?