[OE-core] [oe-commits] Andy Voltz : tune-cortexa.inc: create a common include for cortex-a armv7a tuning

Andy Voltz andy.voltz at timesys.com
Tue Jun 11 13:45:43 UTC 2013

Hi Khem,

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 12:12:47AM -0400, Khem Raj wrote:

> > I was not aware of this test. I'll look into this.
>
> This patch is not going to work. How did you test it ?
> Its trying to substitute into overrides which then are not expanded
> before being treated as overrides.
> as a result overrides variable themselves are wrong.
> We have to revert this patch please and I conur with Martin it did not
> seem like a significant improvement either.

I understand that. I sent an updated patch which reverts to mtune, but I'm getting
acquainted with this tune test and it's still showing issues. I'm need to dig in more.

I tested this originally by building for the cortex-a5. I'm going to revert
locally and keep using this test to keep things consistent.

Regards
--
Andy Voltz
Timesys Corporation