[OE-core] RFC: magic libtool .la removal

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Jun 18 15:52:02 UTC 2013

On 18 June 2013 16:47, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> So I don't see the pressing need to set us off down a path on our own.
> Yes the .la files are annoying but they're not that much of a problem,
> are they?

Whilst the separate build directory work is a massive improvement,
there's plenty of packages that don't do B!=S and use libtool.  We're
not alone, at least Fedora and OSTree both wipe out all .la files.

As B!=S should solve this problem and others I can see the argument
for spending time making that work more comprehensively though.

Ross