[OE-core] Issue with pseudo on 64-bit build host

Erik Botö erik.boto at pelagicore.com
Wed Jun 26 17:05:05 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Laurentiu Palcu
<laurentiu.palcu at intel.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 11:33:17AM +0200, Erik Botö wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In bitbake.conf FAKEROOTBASEENV is set to contain
>> "PSEUDO_LIBDIR=${STAGING_BINDIR_NATIVE}/../lib/pseudo/lib" but on my
>> buildhost libpseudo.so is in
>> ${STAGING_BINDIR_NATIVE}/../lib/pseudo/lib64.
>>
>> For me this causes rpm:s that use qemu_run_binary() to do stuff during
>> do_rootfs() (using post-install scripts) to fail, since ld.so can't
>> find libpseudo.so it gives an error that contains "ERR" which
>> package_rpm.bbclass rpm_log_check() picks up.
>
> What's the exact error you're seeing? Is it the one listed below?
>
> ERROR: ld.so: object 'libpseudo.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded:
> ignored.

Yes, that's the one.

> This error appears if we run qemu inside pseudo. That's why we use
> PSEUDO_UNLOAD=1 in front of the qemu command. However, qemu_run_binary()
> already does that...

Yes PSEUDO_UNLOAD=1 should do that, but the hosts libpseudo is not
found when invoking qemu. Therefore the code in pseudo that would
clean the environment of any libpseudo.so in LD_PRELOAD before handing
of to qemu is not run and LD_PRELOAD still contains libpseudo.so in
the qemu environment.

A colleague of mine running 64-bit Arch Linux does not seem to hit
this, but I see it on 64-bit Ubuntu 13.04 and an earlier version
(don't recall that machine's exact version right now and don't have
access to it now). This puzzle me a bit.

> More info would be helpful.

I hope I clarified a bit.

Cheers,
Erik