[OE-core] Added task doesn't seem to run when rebuilding recipe

Daniel Lazzari dlazzari at leapfrog.com
Thu Mar 14 22:50:23 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I ran into an interesting problem today involving custom tasks and rebuilding recipes. We have a bbclass that adds 2 new tasks to a recipe, do_complete_metainf() and do_create_lfp(). They are added as follows:

do_create_lfp[nostamp]="1"
addtask complete_metainf after do_install before do_package
addtask create_lfp after do_package_write before do_build

Now I have 2 recipes, recipe A and recipe B. Recipe B depends on A. When recipe A changes version and gets rebuilt, recipe B also gets rebuilt, as in, reconfigured, recompiled, reinstalled, but complete_metainf doesn't get rerun along with the others. create_lfp does get rerun (as always since it has no stamp). I'm guessing there's some signature change thing at work here but I don't know how oe-core/bitbake decide to recompile recipe B when recipe A changes.

I'm on the denzil branch in case this behavior has changed.

Thanks for your help,

Daniel Lazzari Jr.
Firmware Engineer
dlazzari at leapfrog.com