[OE-core] Problems with ptest and package splitting

Björn Stenberg bjst at enea.com
Wed Mar 20 08:30:55 UTC 2013

Hi. I need a little help.

The ${PN}-ptest group is not added to PACKAGES by default in bitbake.conf like all the other groups. Instead it is added to PACKAGES in ptest.bbclass. This way it is only added for those recipes that implement ptest.

However it turns out this doesn't work when package splitting. Instead of putting ptest files into packages-split/${PN}-ptest, those files are put into the core ${PN} package which is obviously not what we want.

I'm scratching my head a bit about why this happens, and would like help from people with deeper bitbake knowledge. I guess the splitting is somehow done outside the package scope, but why and how do we fix it?

Putting ${PN}-ptest in PACKAGES in bitbake.conf "solves" this issue, but Richard Purdie was against that earlier since we yet have only a few "ptest enabled" packages.

--
Björn