[OE-core] [RFC] Switching from glibc RPC to TI RPC

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Wed Mar 20 12:50:31 UTC 2013

On 3/20/13 5:41 AM, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> W dniu 20.03.2013 11:27, Paul Eggleton pisze:
>> On Wednesday 20 March 2013 10:37:17 Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
>>> rpcbind needed removal of yellow pages support (whatever it is).
>>
>> Isn't that NIS? Will that affect the ypbind-mt / yp-tools recipes recently
>> added back into meta-networking?
>
> Good point. YP-tools are not buildable with my changeset due to lack of
> YP support in libtirpc.

There is definitely a class of user (networking devices) where nis/yp are still
being used.  I would love to see NIS support be a distro feature or similar
configure time element.

-after- the upcoming release, I think we should pursue these patches, assuming
we can get the NIS support enabled in some way.

BTW my only other question was the busybox side.  I'm a bit confused by the
comment.  I thought the mount_nfs was still required because it enabled the
proper binding argument for the mount syscall.  While I don't believe we need to
still support the older kernel(s), we definitely need NFS mounts to work in busybox.

--Mark