[OE-core] Gnupg recipe fixes

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Mon Mar 25 12:57:28 UTC 2013

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 00:55:05 +0000
Paul Barker <paul at paulbarker.me.uk> wrote:

> I'm setting up a signed apt repository of .deb packages built using
> OpenEmbedded and I've ran into an issue with apt-get on the target
> board not being able to find 'gpgv' to verify the signatures. This is
> installed as 'gpgv2' in the gnupg recipe. Therefore I've used
> update-alternatives to create the appropriate link.

I've re-thought this already. Is update-alternatives the right thing to
use here? Maybe not as there isn't anything else that provides gpgv and
gnupg_1.* and gnupg_2.* probably can't co-exist on the same install. I
could just add a line to do_install_append() to create the gpgv link
manually, similar to how the link for gpg is already created. Please
let me know which is the better solution here.

I also noticed that gnupg_1.4.7.bb splits gpgv into a separate package
but gnupg_2.0.19 doesn't. I could write a patch to modify one of these
to match the other if desired?

Thanks,

--
Paul Barker