[OE-core] useradd.bbclass question

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Thu May 2 13:35:55 UTC 2013

On 5/2/13 2:49 AM, Andreas Müller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on one of my build machines useradd.bbclass seem to use the UID/GID of
> build host. On other machines useradd works correct.
>
> I have the follwing in gdm:
>
> <snip>
> do_install_append() {
>      chown -R gdm:gdm ${D}${localstatedir}/lib/gdm
>      chmod 0750 ${D}${localstatedir}/lib/gdm
> }

> USERADD_PACKAGES = "${PN}"
> USERADD_PARAM_${PN} = "--system --no-create-home --home
> ${localstatedir}/lib/gdm --user-group gdm"
> <snip/>
>
> In sysroot /etc/group I see
> gdm:x:990:
>
> In sysroot /etc/group I see
> gdm:!:993:990::/var/lib/gdm:
>
> The folder in packet/image has IDs 42:42 which is taken from build host.

This says that something ran an operation outside of the pseudo environment.  So
it fell back to looking up the uid from the host system.  (The alternative is
the item was installed -before- the /etc/passwd,/etc/group was written to the
disk.  If that happens, pseudo can also fall back to the system environment.)