[OE-core] [RFC] bbclass for automatic generation of binary recipes

Erik Botö erik.boto at pelagicore.com
Wed May 8 06:36:13 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 8:11 AM, Robert Yang <liezhi.yang at windriver.com> wrote:

> Is it similar to meta/classes/package.bbclass ?
>
> // Robert

I would say it's in addition to package.bbclass.

The idea is that the developers of the closed source software uses OE
to build their software from source, and in this build process the
files needed for a binary distribution in OE is automatically
generated. These generated files can be distributed to others that
wish to use that closed source software in OE. So it would use some of
the output from package.bbclass, like the package split, but then
generate some extra files.

Cheers,
Erik